02 Jan 5 Reasons You Need a Blog
For anyone who thinks of a company blog as just another cost of doing business --keep reading. You need to understand just how valuable blogging can be for your brand, service, and bottom line.
Blogs provide a strong marketing platform that supports your social media campaigns, drive traffic to your website, establish your brand and personalize your company.
Here are 5 Reasons why you need a blog:
- Strengthen your brand’s presence online. Search engines love content and Google’s new algorithm update proves it. Consequently, posting relevant and engaging content frequently will help increase your company’s visibility in front of your target audience. Research tells us that we are 33% more likely to click on a result when we’ve seen it more than once. So why settle for just one search result on the first page when you could have 2 or more unique results appearing for relevant searches?
- Drive more traffic to your site. In addition to strengthening your existing rankings in search engines, keyword-rich content and good internal linking will help expand your reach, driving more traffic to your website.
- Power social media interactions and engagement. One of your primary goals with social media campaigns is to generate engagement between you and your readers. Your blog content should provide readers with unique, useful, and beneficial information they will in turn want to share and talk about. So be sure to share your content regularly and include social sharing options on each post to maximize your reach.
- Control the message. Your blog is a branded social media environment where you control the message. As a result, you’ll be able to get in front of the social media chatter with accurate information to promote your product or service, provide customer support, announce the latest news and let your followers share this information.
- Give your company a personality. Remember those Mac vs PC ads? A blog enables you to give your company a voice, a personality that your customers can identify with and recognize. The conversational tone, unique perspectives, even the design elements of the blog help to “humanize” your company brand.
In summary, blogs support your overall marketing strategy by feeding your social media channels, increasing brand awareness, attracting new customers, and increasing sales. They do so by providing product or service-related content, answering customers’ questions, attracting new prospects, and helping your readers become fans.